ד"ר אלכסנדר גרינשפון
April 2, 2012
Alexander Grinsphoon, MD, MHA, Ph.D
1970 -1976 M.D. Kishinev State University, Faculty of Medicine
1977 Kishinev State University, USSR Specialist in Psychiatry
1984 -1988 Tel-Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Post-
Graduate course in Psychotherapy. License awarded: 26.06.89
1986 Israel Specialist in Psychiatry
1998 -2000 M.H.A., Ben-Gurion University. Medical Health Administration
2000 Israel Specialist in Medical Management
2004 - 2006 Ph.D., Ben-Gurion University: Medical Management
2007- GCP-Good Clinical Practice, IMA Course
2008-2009 Graduate course in Mediation, IMA and Gevim" Center of Mediation Ltd.
2010 Course of the analysis and use of financial statement, Tel-Aviv University,
Faculty of Management
1989 - 1990 Psychiatry rotation, Medical Students in the Ness Ziona Psychiatric
Hospital, Tel- Aviv University.
1991 - 1992 Psychiatry rotation and Course Coordinator in Tel-Aviv School for
1993 - 1994 Psychiatry rotation and Course Coordinator in Tel-Aviv School for
1994 - 1995 Lecturer and Course Coordinator in Tel-Aviv School for Continuing
Medical Education; Addictions; Supervisor for Specializing in Addictions.
2006- Psychiatry rotation, Medical Students in the Tirat Carmel Mental Health
Center, Technion, Haifa.
2007- Certified by the Scientific Council to supervise physicians for specialization
in Mental Health Administration
2008- Psychiatry rotation, Medical Students in the Sha’ar Menashe
Mental Health Center, Technion ,Haifa.
2010- Certified by the Scientific Council to supervise psychiatric doctors for
Specialization in Fellowship in Forensic psychiatry.
2008- Director, Sha’ar Menashe Mental Health Center.
2006-2008 Director ,Tirat Carmel Mental Health Center.
2001-2006 Acting Director, Mental Health Services, Ministry of Health.
1999-2001 Head of Clinical Department, Mental Health Services, Ministry of
1998 –1999 Deputy Director, Sha’ar Menashe Mental Health Center.
1995 - 1998 Head of Clinical Department, Mental Health Services, Ministry of
1996 Deputy Director, Tirat Carmel Psychiatric Hospital
1995 -1997 Chief Doctor of “RUT” Fund for chronic psychiatric patients.
1995-1999 Senior Psychiatrist, Department of Psychiatry, Ichilov Hospital.
1994-2001 Deputy District Psychiatrist, Tel-Aviv District.
1992 - 1995 Chief Medical Supervisor of Private Mental Health Facilities,
Ministry of Health.
1992 - 1995 Senior Psychiatrist, Ness Ziona Psychiatric Hospital
1990 - 1992 Head of Department of Psychiatry, I.D.F.
1990 - 1992 Deputy District Psychiatrist, I.D.F.
1989 - 1990 Senior Psychiatrist, Ness Ziona Psychiatric Hospital.
Acting Director, Day-care unit.
1988 - 1989 Director, Reservist Section, Central Mental Health Clinic,
Israel Defense Forces (IDF).
1983 - 1988 Central Mental Health Clinic, Israel Defense Forces (IDF).
1981 - 1982 Residency in Psychiatry, Psychiatric Outpatient Clinic, Sheba
1978 - 1980 Residency in Psychiatry, Sha’ar Menashe Mental Health Center, Israel.
1976 - 1978 Residency in Psychiatry, Kishinev State University Hospital, USSR.
Dual diagnosis, epidemiology, forensic psychiatry, coping with PTSD, organization of health service systems, health economics
PUBLIC PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
2012- President of Israel Psychiatric Association, Haifa-Northern branch
Membership in Professional Societies
Israel Medical Association
Israel Psychiatric Association
Israel Forensic Psychiatry Association
Israel Addiction Treatment Association
Israel Medical Directors Association
Member of Committees
1985 -1999 Member, Board of Appeals, Medical Draft Review Board, Israel Defense
1992 -2001 Chairman, Inter-ministerial Committee of the Ministry of
1992 - 2001 Member, Inter-ministerial Committee of the Ministry of Health,
2002- Current- Advisor, PTSD Rehabilitation Committee, Ministry of
1997- Current- Member, the National Advisory Committee for
1997- Current- Member, the National Advisory Committee for the
2001-2006 Chairman, The Mental Health Crisis Committee-National
2006 - Member, the Mental Health Crisis Committee-National
2001-2006 Member - the Inter-ministerial Advisory Committee for the
War on Drugs, the Israel Anti Drugs and Alcohol Authority
1997-2006 Chairman, the Standards and Regulations
2006- Member, the Standards and Regulations
1997- Current Mental Health Consultant, Medical Technologies Committee,
1997- Current Mental Health Consultant, Quality Assurance Committee,
1997- Current Appointed by the Director General to Various Ad-Hoc
2001-2006 Appointed as the Israeli Delegate to the WHO Multi- National
2000- Current Board Examiner, appointed by the Israel Psychiatric Association
2003- Current Consultant, Psychiatric Licensing Board, Scientific Council
2007- Chairperson of the Administration Committee for physicians in the
2010- Board Examiner, appointed by the Israel Mental Health Administration
2006-2008 Appointed by the Minister of Health for Coordinator of Israel and
Georgia Mental Health cooperation
March 2010 Prime Minister's Office Delegate To Russia For Medical And Aliyah
List of Publications
Thesis - “Assessing needs of psychiatric inpatients - a basis for allocation of resources and service delivery”, submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements of the Ben-Gurion University, Beersheba, Israel for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals
1. Biegon A, Grinshpoon A, Blumenfeld B, Bleich A, Apter A, Mester R. Increased serotonin 5-H2 receptor finding on blood platelets of suicidal men. Psychopharmacol 1990; 100: 165-7.
2. Bar E, Wezman A, Karp L, Grinshpoon A, Bidder M, Kotler M, Tyano S, Bleich A, Gavish M. Platelet peripheral benzodiazepine receptors in repeated stress. Life Sci 1991; 42: 341-6.
3. Bleich A, Grinshpoon A, Solomon Z, Mikolinski M, Isaacs G, Kotler M. Evaluating Parachute-drop Stress by Measuring Blood Lipids. Harefuah 1991; 6(102):313-7.
4. Rapoport A, Stein D, Grinshpoon A, Elizur A. Akathisia and pseudoakathisia-clinical observations and accelerometric recordings. J Clin Psychiatry 1994, 55: 473-7.
5. Kotler M, Barak P, Cohen H, Averbuch IE, Grinshpoon A, Gritsenko I, Nemanov L, Ebstein RP. Homicidal behavior in schizophrenia associated with a genetic polymorphism determining low catechol O-methyltransferase (COMT) activity. Am J Med Genet 1999; 88 (6):628-33.
6. Grinshpoon A, Barchana M, Ponizovsky A, Lipshitz I, Nahon D, Tal O, Weizman A, Levav I. Cancer in schizophrenia: is the risk higher or lower? Schizophr Res 2005; 73(2-3):333-341.
7. Levav I, Grinshpoon A, Zilber N. Community mental health ideology among psychiatrists and social workers. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 1986; 23(4):259-7
8. Bleich A, Grinshpoon A, Grab R. Paranoid reaction following Alprozolam withdrawal. Psychosom 1987;28(11):599-600 .
9. Grinshpoon A, Bleich A, Kotler M. Diagnostic and therapeutic issues of combat reaction arising from an exceptional case. Harefuah 1989;5(3):250-1.
10. Grinshpoon A, Levy A, Margolin Y, Issacs G, Lerner Y, Bleich A, Kotler M. Competency for military arrest as a psychiatric problem. Int J Med Law 1990;9(3):910-6.
11. Koslovsky M, Bleich A, Grinshpoon A, Wagner B, Apter A, Solomon Z. Assessing the validity of the Plutchick suicide risk scale. Psychiatric Res 1991; 25(4):155-8.
12. Grinsphoon A, Levy A, Mester R. The Day Care Unit as a framework for successful Community Rehabilitation. Harefuah 1992;7-8(123)247-9.
13. Koslowsky M, Bleich A, Solomon Z, Wagner B, Grinshpoon A. Structural equation modeling of some of the determinants of suicide risk. Brit J Med Psychol 1992;65: 157-65.
14. Grinshpoon A., Mester R., Spivak, B., Berg Y., Bleich A., Weizman A. Delayed amnesia and disorientation after electroconvulsive treatment. J Psychiatr Neurosci 1992; 17(5):191-3.
15. Grinshpoon A., Berg Y., Mozes T., Mester R., Weizman A. Seizures induced by combined levomepromazine-fluvoxamine treatment. Int Clin Psychopharmacol 1993; 8:61-2.
16. Grinshpoon A., Mark M., Bleich A., Apter A., Rehavi M., Weizman A. Failure of fixed-dose verapamil treatment in adult sleep enuresis. Eur Psychiatry 1994;9:101-103.
17. Witztum E, Grinshpoon A, Margolin J, Kron S. The erroneous diagnosis of malingering in a military setting. Mil Med 1996,161:225-9.
18. Zeenreich, B. Gochstein, A, Grinshpoon, M. Miron, I. Rosenman, I. Ben-Dov. Recurrent tuberculosis in a psychiatric hospital. Harefuah 1998;3 (134):164-7.
19. Katz G, Spivak B, Mester R, Grinshpoon A, Weizman A. Desmopressin (DDAVP) treatment in adult sleep-related enuresis. Hum Psychopharmacol 1997; 12: 505-7.
20. Grinshpoon A, Moskowitz M, Valevski A, Mark M, Weizman A. Zuclopenthixol, a combined dopamine D1/D2 antagonist in the treatment of chronic aggressive schizophrenia and psychotic oligophrenic patients. Eur Psychiatry 1998; 13:273-5.
21. Lichtenberg P, Kaplan Z, Grinshpoon A, Feldman D, Nahon D. The goals and limitations of Israel's psychiatric case register. Psychiatr Serv 1999; 50(8): 1043-8.
22. Grinshpon A, Naisberg Y, Dashevski I, Mester R. Has Israel and Russian Federation Legislation a Full Set of Laws Securing the Protection of Mental Patients Due to United Nations Proposals and What Requires Modification? Med Law 2000; 20: 267-82.
23. Grinshpoon A, Valevski A, Moskowitz M, Weizman A. Beneficial effect of the addition of the 5-HT 2A/2C and alpha2 antagonist mianserin to ongoing haloperidol treatment in drug-resistant chronically hospitalized schizophrenic patients. Eur Psychiatry 2000;15(6):388-90.
24. Yagur A, Grinshpoon A, Ponizovsky A. Primary care attenders under war stress. Isr Med Assoc J 2002;4:568-72
25. Grinshpoon A, Bauer A, Mark M, Mester R. The evaluation of mental capability to use firearms: practical and ethical questions. Harefuah 2002; 141(1):26-9.
26. Bauer A, Gruszniewski A, Khawaled R, Grinshpoon A, Mark M, Mester R. Reflections on dangerousness and its prediction- a truly tantalizing task? Med Law 2002; 21(3):495-520.
27. Bauer A, Grinshpoon A, Garashonvinski A, Kalian M, Mester R. A comparison of firearms --related legislation on four continents. Med Law 2003; 22(1):105-11.
28. Bauer A, Rosca P, Grinshpoon A, Khawaled R, Mester R. Complaints in mental health services in Israel: a one year-study .Harefuah 2003;142(5):332-5.
29. Ramon T, Grinshpoon A, Zusman SP, Weizman A. Oral health and treatment needs of institutionalized chronic psychiatric patients in Israel. Eur Psychiatry 2003;18 (3):101-5.
30. Bauer A, Rosca P, Grinshpoon A, Griner E, Mester R. Risk versus confidentiality: the therapist's responsibility for his psychiatric patient's acts. Harefuah 2003;142 (4):304-8.
31. Mester R, Bauer A, Rosca P, Glezer J, Grinshpoon A, Reznik I, Kotler M. Compulsory treatment of nondelinquent drug-alcohol abusers in Israel: the present situation and feasible solutions. Harefuah 2003;142: 456-8.
32. Arieli M, Grinshpoon A, Glaser J, Blackman S, Kahan N. The impact of continuing terror and stress on the use of psychoactive drugs in Israel. Heroin Addict Relat Clin Probl 2003;5(1):33-8.
33. Ponizovsky A, Grinshpoon A, Levav I, Ritsner M. Life satisfaction and suicidal attempts among persons with schizophrenia. Compr Psychiatry 2003;44:442- 447
34. Grinshpoon A, Shershevsky Y, Levinson D, Ponizovsky A. Should patients with chronic psychiatric disorders remain in hospital? Results from a service inquiry. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 2003;40: 268-73.
35. Ponizovsky A, Grinshpoon A, Sasson R, Baidani-Auerbach A, Ben-Eliezer D, Shershevsky Y. Knowledge and attitudes about mental disorders among principals of adult education schools. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 2003;40: 283-9.
36. Zilber N, Grinshpoon A, Lichtenberg P. Effect of Transfer of Long-Stay Psychiatric Inpatients from Hospital to Hospital. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 2003; 40:290-6.
37. Bauer A, Rosca P, Khawalled R, Gruzniewski A, Grinshpoon A. Dangerousness and risk assessment: the state of the art. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 2003; 40:182-90.
38. Levav I, Grinshpoon A. Mental health services in Israel. Int Psychiatry 2004;4:10-14.
39. Levinson D, Haklai Z, Shemesh A, Grinshpoon A, Ben-Nun G. National health survey 2003-2004 on physical and mental health. Harefua 2004;143:450-2
40. Elisha D, Levinson D, Grinshpoon A. A need-based model for determining staffing needs for the public sector outpatient mental health services system: A ministerial perspective. J Behav Health Serv Res 2004;31(3):324-33.
41. Ponizovsky A, Grinshpoon A, Sasson R. Stress in adult students with schizophrenia in a supported education program. Compr Psychiatry 2004 ;45: 399-405.
42. Levinson D, Haklai Z, Shemesh A, Grinshpoon A, Ben-Nun G. National Health Survey 2003-2004 on physical and mental health. Harefuah. 2004 Jun; 143(6):450-2.
43. Levav I, Shemesh A, Grinshpoon A, Aisenberg E, Shershevsky Y, Kohn R. Mental health-related knowledge, attitudes and practices in two kibbutzim. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2004 Sep;39(9):758-64.
44. Ben-Gershon B, Grinshpoon A, Ponizovsky A. Mental Health Services Preparing for the Psychological Consequences of Terrorism. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment, & Trauma 2005;10(3/4):743-753.
45. Levav I, Grinshpoon A. Beds in mental hospitals or beds in general hospitals, where should they be located? Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci. 2004;41 (3):157-9.
46. Bauer A, Rosca P, Grinshpoon A, Khawalled R, Mester, R. Regional psychiatric boards in Israel: Expectations and realities. Int J Law Psychiatry. 2005; 28(6):661-669.
47. Sasson R, Grinshpoon A, Lachman M, Ponizovsky A. A program of supported education for adult Israeli students with schizophrenia. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal 2005; 29:139-141.
48. Levav I, Shemesh AA, Kohn R, Baidani-Auerbach A, Boni O, Borenstein Y, Dudai R, Lachman M, Grinshpoon A. What is in a name? Professionals and service users' opinions of the Hebrew terms used to name psychiatric disorders and disability. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci. 2005; 42(4):242-7.
49. Grinshpoon A, Zilber N, Lerner Y, Ponizovsky A. Impact of a rehabilitation legislation on the survival in the community of long-term patients discharged from psychiatric hospitals in Israel. Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology 2006;41:87-94
50. Ponizovsky A, Grinshpoon A, Margolis A, Cohen R, Rosca P. Well-being, psychosocial factors, and side-effects among heroin-dependent inpatients after detoxification using buprenorphine versus clonidine. Addictive Behaviors 2006;31: 2002-2013.
51. Bauer A, Rosca P, Grinshpoon A, Khawalled R, Mester R. Monitoring long-term court order psychiatric hospitalization: a pilot project in Israel. Med Law. 2006 Mar;25(1):83-99.
52. Levav I, Novikov I, Grinshpoon A, Rosenblum J, Ponizovsky A. Health services utilization in Jerusalem under terrorism. American Journal of Psychiatry 2006; 163: 1355-1361.
53. Rosca P, Bauer A, Grinshpoon A, Khawaled R, Mester R, Ponizovsky AM. Predicting rehospitalizations among first admitted psychiatric patients: A 10-year follow-up study. Isr J Psychiatry 2006;43(1):57-64.
54. Ponizovsky AM, Grinshpoon A, Nahon D, Pugachev I, Ritsner M, Abramowitz MZ. Changes in stability of first-admission psychiatric diagnoses over 14 years, based on cross sectional data at three time points. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2006;43(1)34-39.
55. Ashke H, Grinshpoon A, Cohen R, Geraisy N, Ponizovsky A. Suicidal attempts admitted in a general hospital in the Western Galilee. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2006;43 (2):137-145.
56. Grinshpoon A, Naisberg Y, Weizman A. A 6-month outcome of long-stay inpatients resettled in hostel. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal 2006:30:2:89-95
57. Levav I, Al-Krenawi A, Ifran A, Geraisy M, Grinshpoon A, Kwaled R, Levinson D. Common mental disorders among Arab-Israelis: Findings from the Israel-based World Mental Health Survey. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2007;44(2)104-113
58. Bauer A, Rosca P, Grinshpoon A, Khawaled R, Mester R, Yoffe R, Ponizovsky AM. Trends and predictors of compulsory hospitalizations in Israel 1991-2000. International Journal of Law Psychiatry .2007Jan-Feb;30(1):60-70.
59. Levinson D, Lerner Y, Zilber N, Grinshpoon A, Levav I. Twelve-month service utilization rates for mental health reasons: Data from the Israel National Health Survey (INHS) . Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2007;44(2)114-125.
60. Levinson D, Zilber N, Lerner Y,Grinshpoon A, Levav I. Prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders: results from the Israel National health Survey. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2007;44(2)94-103.
61. Mansback-Kleinfeld I, Sasson R, Schwartz S, Grinshpoon A. What education means to people with psychiatric disabilities: a content analysis. American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation, 2007, Volume 10 Issue 4, 301-316.
62. Grinshpoon, M. Z. Abramowitz, Y. Lerner, N. Zilber. Re-hospitalization of first-in-life admitted schizophrenic patients before and after rehabilitation legislation; a comparison of two national cohorts. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2007 May;42 (5):355-9.
63. R.Khwaled, A. Grinshpoon. Mental Health Law (in Israel) Amendments Past and Future. Medicine and Law 2006:35:100-114.
64. Elisha D, Grinshpoon A. Mental health reform in Israel: how to increase the opportunities and reduce the threats. Harefuah. 2007 April; 146(4):291-296
65. Ponizovsky A.M, Grinshpoon A, Quality of Life Outcomes Among Heroin Users in a Maintenance Treatment Program: Buprenorphine versus Methadone. American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse 2007. 33(5):631-42.
66. Ponizovsky AM, Jeraizy J, Shoshan E, Kramer I, Smetannikov E, Grinshpoon A. Emotional distress among first-time patients attending outpatient mental health clinics in Israel: An Arab-Jewish comparative study. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2007;44(1):62-70.
67. Grinshpoon A, Margolis A, Weizman A, Ponizovsky AM. Sildenafil citrate in treatment of sexual dysfunction in alcohol dependent men: a quality of life outcome. Alcohol & Alcoholism. 2007. 42(4):340-6.
68. Ponizovsky AM, Margolis A, Heled L, Rosca P, Radomyslansky I, Grinshpoon A. Improved quality of life, clinical and psychosocial outcomes among heroin dependence patients on buprenorphine maintenance. Substance Use & Misuse 2010,45,288-313.
69. Ponizovsky A, Sasson R, Schwartz S, Grinshpoon A. Mental Health Knowledge and attitudes concerning mental disorders among social workers employed in a program of supported education for adult Israeli students with schizophrenia. American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation 2008 :11:279-294.
70. Abramovitz M, Grinshpoon A, Priebe S, Ponizovsky A. A new institutionalization as a rebound phenomenon. The case of Israel. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2007, 2008;45(4):272-7.
71. Neumark Y.D, Lopez-Quintero C, Grinshpoon A , Levinson D .Alcohol drinking patterns and prevalence of alcohol-abuse and dependence in a national sample of Israeli adults. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2007;44(2)126-135.
72. Grinshpoon A, Marom E, Weizman A, Ponizovsky AM. Psychotropic drug use in Israel: Results from the National Health Survey (INHS). Primary Care Companion Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2007;9(5):356-363.
73. Grinshpoon A, Friger M, Orev E, Schvartz S, Kaplan Z, Abramowitz MZ, Ponizovsky AM. Staff and relative perceptions of the needs of inpatients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2008 , 45(3):201-9.
74. Bar Chana M, Levav I, Lipshitz I, Pugachova I, Kohn R, Weizman A ,Grinshpoon A . Enhanced Cancer Risk among Patients with Bipolar Disorder .Journal of Affective Disorders J Affect Disord. 2008 May; 108(1-2):43-8.
75. Levav I, Kohn R, BarChana M, Lipshitz I, Pugachova I, Weizman A, Grinshpoon A. The risk for cancer among patients with schizoaffective disorders. Journal of Affective Disorders 2009 April; 316-320.
76. Grinshpoon A, Ponizovsky A. The relationships between need profiles, clinical symptoms, functioning and the wellbeing of inpatients with severe mental disorders. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 2008; 14:218-225.
77. Ponizovsky A, Radomyslansky I, Grinshpoon A. Psychological distress and its demographic associations in an immigrant population: Findings from the Israeli National Health Survey. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry,43:1,68-75.
78. Ponizovsky A, Zusman S.P, Dekel D, Masarwa A, Ramon T, Natapov L, Yoffe R, Weizman A, Grinshpoon A. Improvement in Oral and Dental Health of Psychiatric Inpatients After Reorganization of Dental Services in Israeli Hospitals Psychiatric Service. Psychiatric Service. 60:799–803, 2009
79. Ponizovsky A, Grinshpoon A. Mood and Anxiety Disorders. Health service utilization and psychotropic drug use in an immigrant population: Findings from the Israeli National Health Survey. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry:2009:54:6,409-419.
80. Mirsky J, Kohn R, Levav I, Grinshpoon A, Ponizovsky AM. Psychological Distress and Common Mental Disorders Among Immigrants: Results From the Israeli-Based Component of the World Mental Health Survey. J Clin Psychiatry. 2008:69:1715-1720.
81. Zusman S.P, Ponizovsky A, Dekel D, Masarwa A, Ramon T, Natapov L, Grinshpoon A. An assessment of the dental health of chronic institutionalized psychiatric patients in Israel. Special Care in Dentistry 2010;30:18-22.
82. Ponizovsky A ,Averbuch L, Radomislevslensky I, Grinshpoon A. A Multicenter, Randomized, Open-Labeled, Parallel Group Trial of Sildenafil in Alcohol-Associated Erectile Dysfunction: The Impact on Psychosocial Outcomes. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2009,6(9), 2510-2525 doi:10.3390/ijerph6092510
83. Grinshpoon A, Khawaled R, Polakiewicz J, Appelbaum P.S, Ponizovsky A, Psychiatric Hospitalization by Court Observation Order in Israel:A Ten-Year Follow-up Study. Israel Journal of Psychiatry, 2011;48(3)201-206
84. Grinshpoon A, Lerner Y, Hornik-Lurie T, Zilber N, Ponizovsky A.M. Post discharge Contact with Mental Health Clinics and Psychiatric Readmission: A 6-month Follow-up Study. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci - Vol. 48 - No 4 (2011),262-267
85. Ponizovsky A.M, Margolis A, Heler L, Roshka P, Radomislavsky I, Grinshpoon A . Original Article Improved Quality of Life, Clinical, and Psychosocial Outcomes Among Heroin-dependent Patients on Ambulatory Buprenorphine Maintenance Substance Use & Misuse,2010(1) 45:288–313
86. Grinshpoon A, Barchana M, Lipshitz I, Rosca P, Weizman A, Ponizovsky A M. Cancer incidence in people under methadone maintenance treatment: an Israeli case registry. Study. Drug and Alcohol Dependence,2011:88-92
87. Kreinin ,A; Novitski ,D; Rabinowitz ,D, Weizman ,A, Grinshpoon,A. Association between tobacco smoking and bipolar affective disorder: Clinical, epidemiological, cross-sectional, retrospective study in outpatients. Comprehensive Psychiatry,2012:269–274
88. Abramowitz ,M.ZPolackiewicz ,J, Grinshpoon,A. Is it Time to Use Checklists in Mental Health Care Auditing? Mental illness.2011;3:e9:33-35
89. Grinshpoon, A, Khawaled, R , Levy ,T, Rosca,P, Ponizovsky,A.M. Changes in Psychiatric Nurse Attitudes towards Legal Representation of inpatients at District Psychiatric Board Hearings in Israel: A Pilot Study. Open Journal of Psychiatry,2011:88-92
90. Ponizovsky,A.M, Vitenberg,E, Baumgarten-Katz,I , Grinshpoon,A. Attachment Styles and Affect Regulation among Outpatients with Schizophrenia: Relationships to Symptomatology and Emotional Distress. Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice ,2011.
91. Ritsner, M, Lisker, A, Arbitman, M, Grinshpoon, A. Perceived needs of schizophrenia patients: latent structure and its relationships with dimensions of illness, personality and quality of life. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences.(Submitted)
1. Grinshpoon A, Levy A, Rappaport A, Rabinovich S. Androcur treatment of sexual disinhibition. (Review of Literature - Case Report). Int J Med Law 1991;10: 609-14.
2. Grinshpoon A, Berg Y, Mester R, Weizman A. Late onset schizophrenia - diagnostic issues and case history. Clin Gerontol 1992;12 (2):97-101.
3. Belmaker R.M., Bleich A., Grinshpoon A. Adult enuresis: A Review. Enuresis Nocturna J. Psychiatry and Neurology in. Korsakoff (Moscow) 1989, 6:131-135.
4. Ben-Gershon B, Grinshpoon A, Ponizovsky A. Mental Health Services Preparing for the Psychological Consequences of Terrorism. In: The Trauma of Terrorism (Y. Danieli, D. Brom, J. Sills, Eds.). The Haworth Press, Inc., 2005, pp. 743-753.
5. Ponizovsky A, Grinshpoon A, Yagur A, Ben-Gershon B. War stress in a primary care clinic in Gilo, a neighborhood of Jerusalem. In Terror and Medicine: Medical Aspects of Biological, Chemical and Radiological Terrorism (J. Shemer and Y. Shoenfeld, Eds.). Lengerich: PABST Science Publishers, 2003, pp.533-546.
6. Sasson R, Grinshpoon A. Supportive education for the mentally impaired and its contribution to their integration into the community. In: Yearbook for Adult Education, Volume 10, Gadish. Ed. Kirmaer P, Basok I. Jerusalem, 2006.
7. Sasson R, Grinshpoon A. Social Inclusion though Supportive Education: A program for Adults with Mental Disabilities In: Yearbook for Adult Education, Volume 10, Ed. Kirmaer P. Jerusalem, 2007.
8. Ianco J, Herman I, Weiner A, Shani M, Mester R, Grinshpoon A. Mental capacity to drive and over awareness of traffic accidents: clinical and legal aspects. [Hebrew] In:Forensic Israel Psychiatry (Grinshpoon A ,Margolin Y, Witztum E, Eds.) Arie Nir Publishers 2009,pp.215.
9. Bauer A, Waled R, Rosca P, Mester R, Grinshpoon A. Legislation in Forensic Psychiatry. [Hebrew] In: Forensic Israel Psychiatry (Grinshpoon A, Margolin Y, Witztum E, Eds.) Arie Nir Publishers 2009,pp.21-40
10. Grinshpoon A, Rosca P, Bauer A, Waled R, Nahon D, Mester R. Licensing of weapons. Legal and psychiatric aspects. . [Hebrew] In: Forensic Israel Psychiatry (Grinshpoon A, Margolin Y, Witztum E, Eds.) Arie Nir Publishers 2009,251-272.
11. Rosca P, Grinshpoon A. The buprenorphine treatment and maintenance among heroin dependence patients. [Hebrew] In: Drug addiction, violence and sexual abuse. The Legal treatment. (Meil H, Hovev M, Golan M, Eds.) Carmel Publishers, Jerusalem.2008 pp:36-46.
12. Ponizovsky AM, Weizman A, Grinshpoon A. Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders and Risk for Cancer Morbidity and Mortality. In Handbook of Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders, Volume II: Phenotypic and Endophenotypic Presentations. M.S. Ritsner (Ed.). Springer: Basel, 2011, pp. 481-503.
Letters to the Editor
13. Levav I, Grinshpoon A, Novikov I, Ponizovsky A. Terrorism and psychiatric disorders. American Journal of Psychiatry 2004;161:2136-2137 letter
14. Levav I, Ponizovsky A, Grinshpoon A. Cancer and schizophrenia. British Journal of Psychiatry 2006; 188: 190-191 letter
Grinshpoon A., Zemishlany Z. Chairmen, Epidemiology session. 12th National
Conference of the Israel Psychiatric Association, Tel –Aviv, May 10, 2006 .
Grinshpoon A., Economic session (12). 13th National Conference of the Israel
Psychiatric Association, Tel –Aviv, May 6, 2009 .
Grinshpoon A., Basic research in psychiatry: Residence's competition .14th
National Conference of the Israel Society of Biological Psychiatry, Gosh rim,
March 9-11, 2010.
Grinshpoon A., Basic research in psychiatry: Residence's competition .15th
National Conference of the Israel Society of Biological Psychiatry, Gosh rim,
March 20-22, 2012
Grinshpoon A., Economic session (21). 14th National Conference of the Israel
Psychiatric Association ,Tel-Aviv, May 15-17,2012
27. Abramovitz M, Grinshpoon A, Priebe S, Ponizovsky A.(2007) A new institutionalization as a rebound phenomenon. The case of Israel. 6th Annual Scientific Conference of the NIHP for Health Policy , December 12, Tel-Aviv, Israel.
28. Abramowitz, M. Polackiewicz, Y. Shemaya, M. Grinshpoon,A.(2009) New Tools for Multi-Disciplinary, Multi-Professional Clinical Auditing in Mental Health , The Fourth International Jerusalem Conference on Health Policy .December, Jerusalem
29. Grinshpoon A, Elisha D, Ponizovsky A.(2009) Managed behavioral healthcare. 13th.National Conference of the Israel Psychiatric Association, Tel –Aviv, May 6, 2009 .
30. Grinshpoon A,Goifman Y,Belgorodsky B,Gur O,Zchafrir S,Atad Z,Melamed E,Ben Ami S,Hirshman S,Kreinin A. Computerization medical record in psychiatria.9th National Conference of the Israel Logistics in Health Care. Tel-Aviv, February 29, 2012.
SPECIAL PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
2006 Reviewer for professional journals:
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal
Clinical Psychiatry Journal
Journal of Psychosomatic Research
2008 The Israel Medical Association Journal (IMAJ)
2009 Psychiatric Services
STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTION
Post-Graduate Students = 1
2003-2005 Ministry of Health, Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Finance (Statistic
Department). 6 mill shekel. The Israel National (Mental) health Survey.
2004- Pfizer Pharmaceutical.35 thousands shekel. Erectile dysfunction in alcohol
dependent men: A multicenter, randomized, open-labeled, parallel group trial
2009- Anti Drug Committee. 60 thousands shekel. Maintenance treatment with Baclofen in
Alcohol dependent patients.